how to: integrate your Flickr photostream with Facebook
Let’s face it, photos on Facebook are a rather low-fidelity affair. Photos are re-compressed into a grainy, blobby mess. (“Let’s face it”… somebody stop me). If you want your newest upload of Flickr photos to appear in your Facebook news feed, here’s how1:
- If applicable, uncheck and de-activate the “Hide me from searches?” setting.2
- Link your account to Facebook, using the link provided under “Extending Flickr“.3
- At the resulting Facebook page, under user name, enter your screen/vanity name and NOT your URL/user name. For example, my URL name is “engineer” as taken from http://flickr.com/photos/engineer/, but my vanity/screen name is “selfish crab”. “selfish crab” is my user name. 4
- Hit “Update”
- Send me gratuities and your adulation.
NOTE: your mileage may vary because there have been intermittent reports that Facebook is choking on these shared item feeds.
- It took me two days to figure this out. [↩]
- Why? Because otherwise “it won’t find you” [↩]
- See also, Flickr Help: “Can I automatically update my Facebook when I update my photostream?” [↩]
- Source: http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/87552/#reply578005 [↩]