Things I Learned 2015-06
- The grandson of Sigmund Freud fathered 12+ women, married then had his heart broken by the Guiness heiress, and painted a nude portrait of Kate Moss. [wikipedia] [where I learned it]
- The same side of the Moon always faces the earth, referred to as tidal locking. [where I learned it]
- Internet sub community of the month: Flashlight enthusiasts. Holy shit this review of the Cree 7090-XP-E Q5.
- farrago – n. a confused mixture [where I learned it]
- nugatory – adj. of no value or importance. [where I learned it]
- passel – n. a large group of people or things of indeterminate number [where I learned it]
- avoirdupois – n. a system of measuring weight based on the fact that 16 ounces are in 1 pound. [where I learned it]